Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gathering My Inspiration...(Nay Nay)


This blog has empowered me to talk about my struggles so openly, that I started to have light bulbs come on left and right. I have spoken about some of my issues with others that I trust, however, I feel like I am finally doing something for myself that is life-changing.

Its a funny thing, after I had Lily I decided to truly step out and start doing new things. I walked the Race for the Cure, I went 5 hours early to a book signing to meet one of my inspirations, Kat Von D, and ended up being the first in line in front of thousands!! (Kat is an amazing tattoo artist who is classically trained in piano-she can play all of Beethoven's music with her eyes closed.) I even went to the Lions club to play some B-I-N-G-O and won $250! It seems that when I really want something, it comes to pass.
I remember reading in "The Celestine Prophesy" and other books that positive thoughts and actions reap positive outcomes. In the Bible, "You reap what you sow" As I grow older I am finding out how true this statement really is.

I am excited to be on such a good path right now. I have been eating right (except for a beer or two), working out 4-5 days a week, and attempting not to stick any food in my mouth in the evenings (this is my hardest one!). It is difficult because after 7 is my down time. Michael is in the room playing his computer games and Lily is in bed. So I am left with TV, my art, books, and - eeeeek! - the kitchen. When I feel tempted I just say a little prayer and some positive self-talk, grab my book and high-tail it into my bedroom. Boredom is a horrible thing. Remember the saying "Idle hands are the devils playground"? Ha ha, oh boy...

For exercise, I worked on the rebounder today for 30 minutes to an awesome mix I made using playlist.com (one day I will own an iPod!) and I am leaving in a bit to go get my hair done. Thank goodness, because my roots are seriously about 3 inches long!! Thank you for taking a minute out of your day to devote to Sissy and I....Much love


Rock on
*R*

No comments: